Thursday, April 9, 2009

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to make a woman out of you."

How to Get to Jess' Place: a waste of time set to rhyme

how to get to Jess' place...
let me muse upon the way:
teleport through time and space?
by a giant trebuchet?

maybe surf a massive crowd
from my house to her front door
soar upon a fluffy cloud?
chariot of manticores?

sail down in a giant peach
maybe wash up on the beach
and take the subway from Astoria

I could go sleeping around
and map a way from girls I laid
or dig a tunnel underground
presidential motorcade?

cartwheel till my arms have died
log roll à la lumberjack
take a hobo rickshaw ride
sally forth on griffonback

find myself an awesome bro
and wheelbarrow race the trip?
or do obscene amounts of blow
and then ghost ride the whip

bounce a stretch of trampoline
flying carpet, witches' broom
enter woods of heavy green
and clear a path with sonic booms

Or maybe I'll just take the Metro North.  The fare is reasonable and if I take the express I can get there in thirty minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you sally forth
    On prosaic Metro North
    I'll still gladly let you in
    Providing I am soused on gin.

    ReplyDelete